Netgear New Wifi Extender Setup
- Take computer as a medium in order to connect Ethernet cable to the netgear Wi-Fi extender.
- Visit https://mywifiext.net; there a popup box appears, enter the required username and password. The default settings are listed as: – in username- admin and in password – password. (Both the username and password are case sensitive.)
- Further after you are logged in, then go on setup and then click on wireless settings.
- Now you need to check the value in password field, under security options. At last click on apply
- Now it’s the time to reconnect the Wi-Fi devices to net gear Wi-Fi extender.
- First we need to reset the default settings of net gearWi-Fi extender, for which you need to press and hold the factory settings that is present on the side panel for about 7 seconds.
- Link the Wi-Fi net gear extender to the Wi-Fi connection.
- Go to https://myWIFIext.net; there a pop up box will appear, where you need to enter the username and password. The default details are listed as; Username- admin and Password- password. Both of these (username and password) are case sensitive.
- After this, follow the setup wizard in order to setup the complete connection with the router.
- Wi-Fi router.
Put WIFI and the extender in close position to each other. Later move the extender to its original place but after completion of the configuration process. Then plug in the extender that is to some electrical outlet, and wait for a minute for the LED to turn green. In the task bar of the computer, select the ‘network’ icon and then further click on “Netgear- ext” from the drop down list of WIFI networks available, in order to establish the internet connection.
Now in the browser’s address bar, type “mywifiext.net” and then you will be asked to provide username and password. Type admin in the username and password in the password menu asked to fill. Then select the WIFI network and further press on continue. It’s time to enter the password of your WIFI network and again click on continue.
In the ‘2.4 GHz Network Name (SSID)” box, you need to provide a new name for the extender’s WIFI network. Click –continue. And select the option ‘Use the same security model’ in order to apply the security settings. After done with all the above procedure, connect all your computers and the available wireless devices to the new Wi-Fi network. Further select – ‘my wireless devices are connected to the extender network and press continue.’
Now unplug the extender, and position it there where you find low signal strength. At last, connect the extender to a power source, and wait for the green signal LED lights.